The Conversion Process
This “Plug & Play” technology converts the organic matter of waste into a clean, substitutable and competitive gas that can generate thermal and / or electrical energy for decentralized and scalable units from 300 kg / h to 3 t / h waste. This solves a successful equation whereby industrial players control their costs (input and output) for better profitability and a sustainable solution, independent of subsidies and financial crises.
An industrial player or a municipality produces or collects fossil or biomass waste
Types of Inputs
All residues made of organic matter: biomass residues (therefore considered to be renewable energy) or fossil residues, provided the humidity content is below 50%.
Products from biomass
- Wood, polluted or not
- Agricultural residues (sugarcane bagasse, guano, liquid manure, molasses, meat & bonemeal) or viticulture
- Biofuel crop residue (miscanthus, etc.)
- Sewage sludge
- Paper sludge
- Used tires of vegetable origin
- Organic household waste
- Coal & hard coal waste
- Oil waste
- Organic chemical waste
- Paint waste & sludge
- Plastics waste (polyethylene, polystyrene, polyurethane, PVC)
- Used tires of synthetic origin
Pyrosouth customises the equipment to be installed on the industrial or the municipality’s site who will no longer need to pay disposal costs or landfill of waste.
The “PyroWatts” is a simple and robust, compact, fully automated plant, designed on agricultural machinery principles scalable to process 3.000 tonnes/year to 30.000 tonnes/year of waste.
The waste is recycled on site with PyroRing© technology by flash pyrogasification. The “PyroRing” is a simple, revolutionary and patented innovation, which enables flash pyrolysis for improved performance.
Speed and homogeneity of heat transfer are the key factors for good pyrogasification.
Pyrowatts uses PyroRing Inside© technology, toroid-shaped rings made of refractory steel, heated at high temperatures.
This technology offers unique advantages:
- A better surface to weight ratio for optimum heat transfer at the core of the material.
- A more homogeneous mix between “PyroRings”. The waste and the product gas eliminate the agglomeration problems, even with a high mineral content, and the formation of preferential paths.
- Very large reduction in waste volumes: Flash pyrolysis allows a much larger amount of material to be treated than with slow pyrolysis.
- Improved control of pollutants (especially atmospheric dust) by controlling the temperature from 500 ° to 1000 °, results: no dioxins or NOx, no furans or heavy metals.
- Reduction of the volume of fumes to be treated by a factor of 2 to 4 making it possible to have a more compact machine
Better energy efficiency than incineration with the production of dense and storable energy compounds
Example of repurposing
Thermal recovery in substitution for fossil fuels such as natural gas is a simple and competitive solution. For example, for an industrial company using a natural gas boiler for its energy needs, the “PyroWatts” process can be installed near its existing boiler without stopping the industrial process.
During the technical shutdown of the boiler, the natural gas burner of the boiler is replaced by a mixed natural gas / synthetic gas burner. The machine is ready for operation.
The “PyroWatts” process can also be connected to an internal combustion engine fueled by the gas produced by pyrogasification (as for biogas from methanisation). The electrical efficiency of these motors may be greater than 35%. By comparison, steam turbines conventionally used for incineration have a maximum efficiency of 25%.
Production of hydrogen, biofuels, or other high value-added molecules
The “PyroWatts” process can also be used to produce hydrogen, which can be used in fuel cells. This technology may also allow locally densifying non-food biomass as a pyrolysis oil, which can then be distilled in centralized refineries to produce second-generation biofuels.
The “Conversion process” solution,
Turn your waste into energy and remodel your costs into revenues.